What is Reiki?
Reiki is a healing energy therapy originated by Mikao Usui in Japan.
The word reiki comes from the Japanese work (Rei) which means “Universal Life Force” and (Ki) which means energy. Reiki is a hands-on healing system as well as an energy source that restores energetic alignment and balance and promotes healing on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. Reiki does not “fix” but induces the relaxation response and puts the body in the best place for healing. Reiki benefits accumulate over time.
Reiki is a complement to traditional care; it is not massage; nor a substitute for medical care.
How Does it work?
Reiki is life energy that flows through all living things. Practitioners channel universal life force energy, connecting with the client’s energy centers to have their energy be free flowing and strong (wellness). They work to remove stagnation and blockages that lead to symptoms of physical or emotional illness. The body’s innate intelligence regulates the energy amount and flow. What is in excess, Reiki lessens (like pain), and what is lacking Reiki increases and fills.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Enhances personal awareness
- Restores balance and harmony to the energy system
- Decreases Stress and increases relaxation
- Supports and accelerates the body’s natural healing response
- Strengthens immune response
- Non-Invasive – no side effects or contraindications
- Relieves acute and chronic pain and discomfort
- Stimulates energy and mental clarity
- Restful sleep
- Decreases weakness and nausea
Illness: Treats symptoms and causes of illness on whatever level it exists
Recovery: Accelerates recovery form medical treatments and operations
Injuries: Aids in recovery from injuries and eases muscle pain
Pain: Brings relief from chronic pain and improves joint mobility
Well Being: Promoters a greater sense of well being and peace
Stress: Alleviates stress and ailments attributed to stress
Relief: Relieves allergies as well as headaches
Regulates: Regulates blood pressure and strengthens the immune system
Hormonal: Balances hormones, for PMS, menopause and fertility issues
Relaxing: Induces a state of deep relaxation and aids in restoring the body
Emotion: Releases blocked and suppressed feelings
Detox: Clears bodily toxins and balances the organs and glands
A Typical Session:
- I will discuss your needs to set the “intention” for the session.
- A session is 60 minutes.
- You will be fully dressed, lying on a message table and/or sitting in a chair.
- I can work hands on or hands-off the body and to your comfort.
- The entire body is treated through standard Reiki hand positions from head to toe.
- You may experience warmth, tingling, and traveling sensations across your body, and a deep sense of calm, as well as heat from my hands.